This is a companion to my other Bird of the Day blog, which focuses on birds I have seen in Victoria, Canada.

With the amount of time we have been spending in London lately, I decided it was time to get out my camera and broaden my knowledge of birds of England.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Robin

Erithacus rubecula

Appearance:
Small, plump bird
Adult:
   Orange breast and face edged with grey
   Olive-brown upper parts
   Whitish belly
   Black bill and eyes
Juvenile:
   Speckled buff-brown



The European Robin is one of the cutest birds around. It's no wonder it is a favorite and the unofficial national bird of the UK.  Although I've seen these birds throughout England, I've never been able to get a great picture of one. Luckily, they are prolific breeders so I'm sure I'll get many more chances.

Learn more about the European Robin.

Additional photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment