This is a companion to my other Bird of the Day blog, which focuses on birds I have seen in Victoria, Canada.

With the amount of time we have been spending in London lately, I decided it was time to get out my camera and broaden my knowledge of birds of England.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Red Kite

Milvus milvus
 
Appearance:
Medium-large bird of prey
Pale grey head
Long forked tail
Rufous body, upper tail and wing coverts
White primary flight feathers
Black wing tips

We spent Easter weekend exploring the beautiful countryside of southern Oxfordshire. We were charmed by everything, from the thatched roof cottages to the friendly locals. Red Kites could be seen soaring above us everywhere we traveled. Definitely the place to go if you're looking for these birds!




Learn more about the Red Kite

No comments:

Post a Comment