This is a companion to my other Bird of the Day blog, which focuses on birds I have seen in Victoria, Canada.

With the amount of time we have been spending in London lately, I decided it was time to get out my camera and broaden my knowledge of birds of England.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Jackdaw

Corvus monedula



Appearance
Small black crow
Silvery sheen to back of head
Pale grey (almost white) eye

Listen to its call.

While walking along the Lea River from Ware to Hertford in Hertfordshire, I saw this bird in a nearby field along with a substantial number of larger crows. The pale eye as well as the size distinguished this bird from the others. It wasn't until I reviewed the pictures later that I noticed the grey nape and shoulders.

Learn more about the Jackdaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment